Custom Search

Feb 16, 2008

Ooty to Tirupati

Google searches made by many individuals from various places have lead to my blog frequently. This has made me to give details of travel from Ooty to Tirupati. From Ooty, there is no direct way to reach Tirupati. I don't know of any travel operator providing cab facility from Ooty to Tirupati. But one easier way to reach would be through railways.

From Ooty, reach Mettupalayam by the Nilgiris passenger. Then from Mettupalayam, an overnight train (Nilagiri Express) would lead you to Chennai. There will be tour operators who ply between Chennai and Tirupati. One can reach Tirupati from Chennai by train (Chennai Tirupati Sapthagiri Express). Alternatively use Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam's tour package. This again is available from Chennai. I don't think so that they run any transport buses from Ooty. To have more details regarding tour packages run by the Devasthanam, visit www.tirumala.org which is the Devasthanam's official website.

For any ticket bookings or other details please contact me at shridr@gmail.com or at +91-9940171287. My name is Shridhar.

No comments: